READING, Pa. - Hundreds marked Good Friday by witnessing a live portrayal of the Stations of the Cross in Reading.
St. Peter's Church put on the event Friday afternoon, starting in the area of Third and Spruce streets, then proceeding through that part of the city.
Good Friday is the day Christians reflect on the suffering and crucifixion of Jesus Christ.
It's part of Holy Week, which culminates with the celebration of Christ's resurrection on Easter Sunday.
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Local police step up patrols for Memorial Day weekend
- Bullets blast way into District 3 championship game
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe