RICHMOND TWP., Pa. - One person died in an accident involving a fuel spill on Route 222 in northern Berks County.
Yong Falcone, 57, from Sterling, was a rear passenger in an SUV driven by her son. Her husband was in the front seat. Her husband and son were both transported to Reading Hospital.
The crash, involving the SUV and a large box truck, happened shortly before 4:30 p.m. Thursday on Route 222 in the area of Richmond Road in Richmond Township, between Blandon and Kutztown.
Fire police closed 222 in both directions while crews worked to clear the accident scene and clean up a large amount of diesel fuel that spilled from the truck, police said.
A hardware store's surveillance cameras showed the dramatic strength of winds packed by a powerful storm that moved through the region over the weekend.Read More »
- Fallen branch briefly knocks out power in Birdsboro, Amity
- Reading School District superintendent looking for new job
- Man fatally shot in parking lot in downtown Reading
- Plans progress for new Dieffenbach's Potato Chips factory
- Muhlenberg man killed in crash on Route 61
- Berks man at 100: 'I just... go with the flow'
- Updated Man fatally shot in parking lot in downtown Reading
- Updated Record-challenging warmth again today with strong, heavy thunderstorms possible
- Fire tears through Easton home
- Updated Fallen branch briefly knocks out power in Birdsboro, Amity
- Record challenging warmth again today with strong, heavy thunderstorms possible
- Caught on camera: Powerful storm hits hardware store
- Ex-Trump delegate from Pennsylvania to run for US Senate
- Crews called to rollover crash on I-78
- Updated Muhlenberg man killed in crash on Route 61
- Man rear-ends Salisbury Twp. police car on I-78, drives away