RICHMOND TWP., Pa. - Students at Richmond Elementary School near Fleetwood are taking some important steps towards getting a new playground.
Students laced up their shoes for a walk-a-thon Friday afternoon. They did laps around the playground and played games to raise money for new playground equipment.
They students said they are happy to do their part.
"We get the excitement of a new playground and we get to have fun," said Kylie Schroeder, a third grade student.
Organizers of the event said that if each student could raise $50, then the event would bring in more than $8,500.
The PTA has already donated $11,000, about one-third of what the new equipment will cost.
The Pennsylvania attorney general's office is asking the judge who sentenced former congressional aide Tim Smith for a harsher sentence.Read More »
- Robbery suspect may be linked to other holdups, police say
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Disguised deadly drug in Lancaster could soon be in Berks
- House votes to toughen animal cruelty laws, tethering rules
- Crash closes Route 422 East between Mount Penn, I-176 exits
- Updated Convicted cop killer Eric Frein sentenced to death
- Updated Robbery suspect may be linked to other holdups, police say
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Updated Arts Around Town: Allentown JazzFest joins with Allentown Art Museum in diverse programming
- Updated Possible lethal batch of heroin leads to 6 overdoses, 1 deadly in Easton
- Clouds and some sunshine today as a big-time warm-up gets underway
- Updated Tractor trailer catches fire at Rt. 22 and Schoenersville Rd. in Bethlehem
- Ex-Penn St officials to be sentenced in June over Sandusky
- Allentown police arrest 3 for passing fake checks
- Updated Police: Suspect in killing of Delaware trooper shot dead