MUHLENBERG TWP., Pa. - Some Catholic school students are among those observing Ash Wednesday in Berks County.
The faithful lined up for ashes at Holy Guardian Angels Church in Muhlenberg Township Wednesday morning.
The ashes are often made from burnt palms left over from last year's Palm Sunday.
Ash Wednesday marks the start of Lent, which leads up to Easter on Sunday, April 20.
Reading was subpoenaed by federal authorities once again for documents pertaining to the city's last administration.Read More »
- 'Berks County Time Train' to air 200th episode
- Emergency sewer work shuts down Route 100 in Bally
- Berks Catholic boys top Schuylkill Valley in District 3 quarterfinal
- District 3 Wrestling: 3A quarterfinal recap
- Dunkin' Donuts helping to 'roast' hunger in Berks
- D-3 WRESTLING: 3A early round highlights
- Updated Palmer Twp. shooting suspect charged with criminal homicide
- FBI subpoenas Reading for documents from previous administration
- Missing 6-year-old Connecticut girl found in Pennsylvania
- Judge: Only 1 Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Updated Near record warmth again today
- Updated 'Berks County Time Train' to air 200th episode
- Updated Police nab pair advertising pot sales on-line
- State police reveal cost of local police coverage: $600M
- Allentown police confiscate crack, heroin, pot in separate raids
- Health department working with Penn State on mumps cases