READING, Pa. - A man convicted of murder for killing a charter school student in Reading has been ordered to spend the rest of his life behind bars.
A judge Wednesday sentenced Jose Reyes-Diaz to life plus 20 years in prison for the murder of Ramon Rosario Evangelista.
Evangelista, 21, was shot and killed outside the A-Town Cafe in Reading in November 2011. A student at the I-Lead Charter School, Evangelista was an unintended victim in the shooting spree, officials said.
Reyes-Diaz was later arrested in Rhode Island.
- Two zoos mourn the loss of Ernie the giraffe
- Memorial Day celebrations in Berks County
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- Updated Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- Updated A place of healing for veterans
- Updated Walking a mile in their shoes
- Updated Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- Updated 'Taps' echoes over Bethlehem
- Updated Memorial Day services across Berks County
- Updated Marking Memorial Day in the Lehigh Valley