READING, Pa. - One day after 69 News aired video of a wild bus ride home from school, students were reportedly left on the side of the road Tuesday morning.
"He went to the bus stop, and the bus never showed," said Mary Stevens, whose son attends Delaware Valley High School in North Coventry Twp., Chester Co.
Another parent, Chris Hinkle, said his son, Xavier, was also left stranded, and it's not the first time.
"Sometimes my son waited out there, his bus stop was at 7:30 a.m., he waited out there till like 9:30 - 10:00 a.m. for nobody to show," said Hinkle.
The students are bussed from Reading to DVHS. The students used to attend schools in the Reading School District, but were removed for behavioral reasons, officials said.
Last week, Xavier shot cell phone video of the bus ride home. It shows students fighting in the middle of the aisle, some standing right next to the driver, and according to Xavier, kids smoking.
On Tuesday, 69 News showed the video to James Washington, a member of the Reading School Board, who said the video is extremely disappointing.
"It is a huge safety question, and it's a recipe for disaster," said Washington. "It's just not an acceptable situation, and it needs to be and will be addressed immediately."
DVHS refused an interview, and the school's chief academic officer, Mattie Thompson, released a statement that said, "We are working diligently to make sure all the safety measures are in place for the safety of our students."
Stevens said she's had enough, and her son won't be going back.
"I'm taking him out and I'm going to see if I can put him someplace else," said Stevens.
According to DVHS officials, they are not aware of anyone missing the bus on Tuesday.
RAW VIDEO: Cell phone captures bus brawl
A brazen crime spree that spread up and down the East Coast of the United States may have come to an end in Berks County.Read More »
- 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' to be performed live in Reading
- Veteran of 2 wars tapped as grand marshal of Exeter parade
- Grillers BBQ for a good cause
- Cabela's honors 'hometown heroes'
- Crews knock out 2-alarm house fire near Bechtelsville
- Fire destroys barn near Robesonia
- Updated Busted in Berks: Group suspected in Victoria's Secret thefts along East Coast
- Many in Cosby jury pool have opinion about guilt
- Police: Upper Saucon man shoots nephew, chases him on golf cart
- Updated 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' to be performed live in Reading
- DA: Man mocks, assaults person with cerebral palsy
- Coroner identifies body found under Linden Street Bridge
- Buckeye Tavern reopens 2 years after devastating fire
- Clerk shot in Whitehall robbery listed in stable condition
- Montgomery County launches app to help those in need of CPR
- Cooler and cloudy this afternoon with areas of rain and fog