READING, Pa. - One of three men being sought by police in the stabbing of two teenagers in Reading has turned himself in.
Robert Morfe-Gonzalez, 19, of North Front Street, in Reading, surrendered to police at his workplace in Leesport shortly before noon Thursday, police said.
Morfe-Gonzalez's arrest came just a few hours after RPD investigators identified him as a suspect in the violent attack of two teenagers at a home in the 600 block of North Front Street on June 3.
Police said they are still working to identify two other people involved in the attack.
The three men were among as many as nine who confronted the victims around 11:30 on the night of June 3.
One of the boys, a 17-year-old who lived at the home, suffered a number of serious stab wounds to his neck and torso. He has since undergone several surgeries to treat his injuries, police said. The other boy, a 16-year-old who was visiting from Maryland, suffered a stab wound to one of his legs.
Police said they are asking for the public's help in identifying the other two men involved in the assault. The picture below depicts one of those men, in a New York Yankees hat, with Morfe-Gonzalez, police said.
Anyone with information can contact Reading police at 610-655-6116 or Crime Alert Berks County via anonymous text to 847411, starting the message with keyword alertberks. Tips can also be submitted by calling 877-373-9913.
It was hosted by the Olivet Boys and Girls Club's PAL Center for the Arts.Read More »
- Fightin Phils Job Fair held at First Energy Stadium
- Water main breaks in Reading, closes section of North Eighth Street
- Police, crews respond to incident in Exeter Township
- Man arrested for domestic violence assault in Fleetwood
- Former Reading mayor Spencer's trial delayed
- Federal judges to hear Pennsylvania district map challenge
- Rain finally wraps up early this afternoon
- Updated Water main breaks in Reading, closes section of North Eighth Street
- Parkland schools to reopen Monday after bus garage fire
- Indivisible Berks Holds Rally in Support of Unions in Preparation of Major Supreme Court Case
- Updated Car crashes in Bucks County
- Young musicians show talents at Lehigh Valley Mall
- HUD awards Puerto Rico $1.5 billion for hurricane recovery efforts
- Broadway veteran launching children's chorus in Allentown
- Reading group hosts Black History Month celebration
- Dieruff students perform at a-capella festival