UNION TWP., Pa. - A picture may be worth a thousand words, but they're not necessarily the ones state police need in their investigation of a bizarre accident.
An SUV was heading west on Route 724, near Red Corner Road, in Union Twp., Berks Co., east of Birdsboro, shortly before 9 a.m. Tuesday when it somehow ended up off the road and on the opposite side of the guardrail, police said.
The SUV stopped just short of slipping down an embankment and crashing into the small stream below.
The driver managed to escape without injury, said police, who still haven't been able to figure out how the SUV ended up where it did.
- Updated Coroner called to Penn Twp. crash along Rt. 183
- Some rain/thunder this morning; PM shower/t-storm
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Catasauqua police nab armed robbery suspect
- Countryside is making a strong comeback
- Local man takes business idea to the beach
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death