UNION TWP., Pa. - A picture may be worth a thousand words, but they're not necessarily the ones state police need in their investigation of a bizarre accident.
An SUV was heading west on Route 724, near Red Corner Road, in Union Twp., Berks Co., east of Birdsboro, shortly before 9 a.m. Tuesday when it somehow ended up off the road and on the opposite side of the guardrail, police said.
The SUV stopped just short of slipping down an embankment and crashing into the small stream below.
The driver managed to escape without injury, said police, who still haven't been able to figure out how the SUV ended up where it did.
- Reading parents vent frustrations regarding safety in schools
- Greenville jumps out to fast start, holds on at Reading
- Boyertown girls secure spot in District I quarterfinals
- Albright men and women to play for title; KU stays hot
- One Tank Trip: Bloom Bloom exhibit at Kutztown University
- Berks native, famous artist now lives on through children's book
- Jacob Sullivan, man accused of murdering Grace Packer, waives preliminary hearing
- Man stabs wife, daughter-in-law in car in Allentown
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- New Lehigh County supports anti-gerrymandering bill
- New Allentown Parks & Rec Committee gives nod to new 'Auburn Cross Trails Park'
- New Easton adopts 20-year comprehensive plan
- New Reading parents vent frustrations regarding safety in schools
- Quakertown man sentenced for defrauding fraternities, sororities at Lehigh University
- Meet two ambassadors who are truly amazing
- Rep. Leonard Lance Town Hall gets loud