READING, Pa. - Police are on the hunt for a man who reportedly got away with thousands of dollars from a bank in Reading.
The holdup happened shortly after 10 a.m. Wednesday at the Citizens Bank at North 9th and Spring streets in Reading.
Initial reports from the scene were that the robber, dressed in a rust-colored sweatsuit with matching cap, handed a teller a note demanding cash. He reportedly fled with $3,500.
The robber was described as a light-skinned man with scruffy facial hair. He stood about six feet tall with a thin to medium build.
Anyone with information about the holdup is asked to call Crime Alert Berks County at 877-373-9913. The crime stoppers group is offering a cash reward of up to $5,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
A brazen crime spree that spread up and down the East Coast of the United States may have come to an end in Berks County.Read More »
- Man dies nearly week after motorcycle crash in Spring
- Veteran of 2 wars tapped as grand marshal of Exeter parade
- 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' to be performed live in Reading
- Kutztown baseball punches ticket to District 3 championship game
- Wilson WL girls make history with semifinal win over Governor Mifflin
- Fightins drop 3rd straight in series opener at Trenton
- New Jersey resident finds severed foot and partial ankle in sneaker
- DA criticizes state police investigation of shooting by troopers
- Going the distance: Local couple celebrates 2,700 rides on Dorney's "Steel Force"
- 3 white men, 2 white women seated for Cosby jury
- Pershing Square reduces holding in Air Products
- Rehearsal underway for 2017 Freddy's
- Crews assessing damage after car slams into restaurant
- Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- PSU Berks, Penn State Health St. Joseph team up for new 'Launchbox'
- Police: Upper Saucon man shoots nephew, chases him on golf cart