READING, Pa. - One of three men being sought by Reading police on attempted murder charges is now behind bars.
Officers arrested Tai-mare Mercado shortly after 7 a.m. Tuesday inside his home at 542 Lancaster Ave. in southwest Reading.
Police are still trying to locate two other suspects, identified as Luis Jimenez and Jonathan Gonzalez.
All three men are accused of playing a role in the attempted killing of a man at North 11th and Spring streets on the afternoon of June 22, 2011. The victim, police said, was shot multiple times as he sat inside a vehicle.
Anyone with information that can help police locate Jimenez and Gonzalez is asked to call Crime Alert Berks County at 877-373-9913. A cash reward of up to $5,000 is being offered for an anonymous tip that leads to an arrest.
- Federal judges to hear Pennsylvania district map challenge
- Students slime principal as reward for reaching reading goal
- General Heath's Antiques in Adamstown set to close
- Craft beer-brewing a booming business in Berks, beyond
- Governor Mifflin parents sound off about safety concerns
- Pothole-riddled road causes problems for Centre residents
- Monster Jam revs and rocks the PPL this weekend
- Unsettled weather continues this weekend
- Updated Millions of BB&T customers affected by outage
- Former Reading mayor Spencer's trial delayed
- Parkland School District bus fleet hit by devastating fire
- Penn State trustees approve Hershey Medical Center expansion
- Updated Pottstown YMCA Early Learning Center to relocate
- Local gun store offers free class to LV school employees
- Updated Mayor tells jury in federal corruption trial 'I hate fundraising'
- Parents, students, and schools on edge after Florida shooting