SPRING TWP., Pa. - A special education teacher from York County is facing charges after police say they found heroin in her car during a traffic stop in Berks County.
Megan Warner was arraigned Wednesday on charges including possession with intent to deliver.
Police say they found several bundles of heroin in her vehicle after she ran a red light at Van Reed and State Hill roads in Spring Township back in January.
Warner is a teacher at Helen Thackston Charter School in York.
According to court documents she told police she was buying heroin from a supplier in Reading to keep a friend from going through withdrawal.
A Berks County congressman is joining some of his fellow lawmakers in working to find solutions to human trafficking.Read More »
- Police ID suspect in shooting of man in Reading
- Reading postpones opening of city-owned swimming pool
- Oley student killed, brother injured in crash in Ruscombmanor
- Quaker Maid plant mural to portray images unique to Reading
- One Tank Trip: Coach #72 at WK&S Railroad in Kempton
- Former BCIU director, RSD superintendent enters race for Congress
- Curtain goes up tonight on 15th annual Freddy Awards
- Updated Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Updated Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Updated Health Beat: 3D mammograms or not?
- Pennsylvania's highest-paid CEO among top 10 in US
- Pa. Turnpike expects 2.3M vehicles over Memorial Day weekend
- Two more suspects in Salisbury Twp. raid appear in court
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- Arts Around Town: SATORI's 'Shadows of the Samurai' involves specialized art in translation
- Smucker joins bipartisan effort to combat human trafficking