UNION TWP., Pa. - A dozen teachers at a Berks County high school are showing support for one of their own battling cancer.
The teachers at Daniel Boone High School in Birdsboro shaved their heads Monday to support their fellow teacher Barb Young, who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.
"I chose to cut my mine because it was going to come off. Their's wasn't. So, they're just doing it to support me, and make me feel more comfortable, and it's just wonderful.," said Young.
The teachers agreed to shave their heads if students raised $5,000 for Relay for Life.
But the students did even better -- and brought in more than $7,000.
Two men who were charged last week with attempted homicide in Reading were apprehended in Allentown on Tuesday.Read More »
- House passes bill to boost pediatric cancer research funding
- Lack of air conditioning forces library to close for summer
- Pope appoints new leader for Berks Catholics
- Creator of 'Sweat' back in Reading for art installation
- Exeter police sergeants promoted to new roles in department
- Exeter supervisors OK new EMS provider for township
- Pair of Reading shooting suspects nabbed in Allentown
- Updated City shuts down luxury Airbnb in Bethlehem
- Updated Plastics manufacturing workers rally in Harrisburg
- Updated Patients battling cancer receive special donation
- Updated Chester DA announces 46 drug arrests in 'Operation Wildfire'
- Updated Miss Fashion Week coming to Allentown
- Updated Sojourn shows off natural resources of the Lehigh River
- Newly-elected Allentown bishop addresses parishioners
- Updated Creator of 'Sweat' back in Reading for art installation
- Quakertown triangle lot revitalization project stalls