Then there were two: Democrat Denny Wolf and Republican Dan Meuser are vying to represent Pennsylvania's 9th District in Congress.
Meuser won the Pennsylvania GOP primary with 53 percent of the vote; Wolff won the Democratic primary with 41 percent of the vote.
Wolff spent most of his life raising cattle and once served as the state's secretary of agriculture.
"I am bipartisan," said Wolff. "I think being a farmer, you are blue collar. You have calluses on your hands. You know what it's like to work seven days a week. You know what it's like to raise a family on a modest income."
Meuser, a businessman and former state secretary of revenue, said he, too, comes from a modest background.
"I grew up, my father was a police officer. My mother stayed home. We went off to school. She went off to work. I grew up in a really middle class family," said Meuser.
Pennsylvania's 9th District is large: 6,000 square miles, covering parts of Berks, Schuylkill, and six other counties. Both candidates said outreach will begin soon.
"The southern part of this district -- Lebanon County, Schuylkill County, northern Berks County -- they are areas that we've been in, but we intend to do more of a full outreach there," said Wolff.
"Back here at home, and I refer to home here as Berks County, we will be working with people like Rep. [Barry] Jozwiak, Sen. Michael Folmer and Sen. John Rafferty," said Meuser.
Voters head back to the polls for the general election on November 6.
A Berks County woman is facing criminal charges in the overdose death of her cousin, a student at Lehigh Carbon Community College.Read More »
- New Jersey man killed when SUV hits back of tractor-trailer, catches fire on I-78
- Car takes out row home porch in Reading
- Police investigate deadly, fiery crash on I-78 in Berks
- Traffic tied up after crash on Interstate 78 near Berks county line
- Fightins split doubleheader in Erie
- Armed Forces Day parade set to take place, rain or shine
- Updated Seasonably warm, mostly dry for much of the week ahead
- Updated New Jersey man killed when SUV hits back of tractor-trailer, catches fire on I-78
- 2 dead in bus crash recalled as 'beloved,' 'beautiful'
- Easton police searching for man in American Legion shooting
- Updated Car takes out row home porch in Reading
- A sweet prom in Candyland for Camelot for Children attendees
- Man injured in West Penn Township crash
- 1 arrested, several injured in large fight outside Hellertown banquet hall
- Updated Police investigate deadly, fiery crash on I-78 in Berks
- Woman injured in golf cart accident; driver faces DUI charge