MUHLENBERG TWP., Pa. - It looks like "for sale" signs are catching the attention of copper thieves in Muhlenberg Township.
Police say burglars have been taking copper pipes from homes that are for sale in the Hyde Park, Cherokee Ranch and College Heights areas.
Police say the burglaries started around November 1st. They say the thieves have been smashing open key lock boxes and entering the vacant homes.
Police are asking people who live near homes that are for sale to be alert. They're also encouraging realtors to check their properties frequently.
Anyone with information about these copper thefts is urged to call Crime Alert Berks County at 877-373-9913. Tipsters are anonymous. If your tip leads to an arrest, you could get a cash reward of up to $5,000.
- Two zoos mourn the loss of Ernie the giraffe
- Memorial Day celebrations in Berks County
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- Updated Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- Updated A place of healing for veterans
- Updated Walking a mile in their shoes
- Updated Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- Updated 'Taps' echoes over Bethlehem
- Updated Memorial Day services across Berks County
- Updated Marking Memorial Day in the Lehigh Valley