MUHLENBERG TWP., Pa. - It looks like "for sale" signs are catching the attention of copper thieves in Muhlenberg Township.
Police say burglars have been taking copper pipes from homes that are for sale in the Hyde Park, Cherokee Ranch and College Heights areas.
Police say the burglaries started around November 1st. They say the thieves have been smashing open key lock boxes and entering the vacant homes.
Police are asking people who live near homes that are for sale to be alert. They're also encouraging realtors to check their properties frequently.
Anyone with information about these copper thefts is urged to call Crime Alert Berks County at 877-373-9913. Tipsters are anonymous. If your tip leads to an arrest, you could get a cash reward of up to $5,000.
- Reading parents vent frustrations regarding safety in schools
- Greenville jumps out to fast start, holds on at Reading
- Boyertown girls secure spot in District I quarterfinals
- Albright men and women to play for title; KU stays hot
- One Tank Trip: Bloom Bloom exhibit at Kutztown University
- Berks native, famous artist now lives on through children's book
- Jacob Sullivan, man accused of murdering Grace Packer, waives preliminary hearing
- Man stabs wife, daughter-in-law in car in Allentown
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- New Easton adopts 20-year comprehensive plan
- New Reading parents vent frustrations regarding safety in schools
- Quakertown man sentenced for defrauding fraternities, sororities at Lehigh University
- Meet two ambassadors who are truly amazing
- Rep. Leonard Lance Town Hall gets loud
- U.S. News & World Report rank Allentown in top 100 best places to live
- Supporters, protesters line up hours ahead of N.J. congressman's town hall