READING, Pa. - Over the past three seasons, Yannick Tifu has become one of the most respected players in Royals history. But the team's captain has decided to move on after a magical run in Reading and will play in France next season.
Tifu has signed a contract to play with Les Ducs d'Angers of the Ligue Magnus in France.
The forward was viewed with disdain by Royals fans at one point when he played for Elmira. But once he became a Royal, Tifu rose to the captaincy and became a pivotal figure in the organization, not only on the ice, but in the locker room.
No better instance of that came in the 2012-13 campaign, when he led the team to the franchise's first-ever Kelly Cup championship. Tifu recorded 72 points that year, his highest season total in three years with the team.
A brazen crime spree that spread up and down the East Coast of the United States may have come to an end in Berks County.Read More »
- Grillers BBQ for a good cause
- Cabela's honors 'hometown heroes'
- Crews knock out 2-alarm house fire near Bechtelsville
- Fire destroys barn near Robesonia
- Group hopes to open medical marijuana dispensary in Berks
- Hopkins pulls off massive comeback to down Alvernia at NCAA Regional
- Updated Busted in Berks: Group suspected in Victoria's Secret thefts along East Coast
- Many in Cosby jury pool have opinion about guilt
- Updated Police: Upper Saucon man shoots nephew, chases him on golf cart
- DA: Man mocks, assaults person with cerebral palsy
- Coroner identifies body found under Linden Street Bridge
- Buckeye Tavern reopens 2 years after devastating fire
- Clerk shot in Whitehall robbery listed in stable condition
- Montgomery County launches app to help those in need of CPR
- Cooler and cloudy this afternoon with areas of rain and fog
- BUSH to rock Sands Event Center this summer