READING, Pa. - Some logistical changes have been made to the public memorial service for Al Boscov on Sunday, February 26.
The service is now set to begin at 1 p.m. at the Santander Arena on Penn Street in downtown Reading. Doors will open at noon.
The start of the Reading Royals hockey game that evening has been pushed back from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
The service had been planned for a later time at the Santander Performing Arts Center, which has a fewer number of seats.
69-WFMZ-TV will carry the service live on the air and online at WFMZ.com.
69-WFMZ-TV will also rebroadcast its 2014 documentary, "Boscov: An American Story," at 9 p.m. this Saturday.
Boscov, the chairman of Berks County-based Boscov's department stores, died last Friday, February 10, after a brief battle with cancer. He was 87.
A fire burned a hole in the heart of one of Hamburg's church communities.Read More »
- Red Cross, UGI team up to install smoke detectors in Berks
- MLK Jr. Day recognized with 'day of service' in Berks
- Reading immigrants share their stories with library audience
- Man jailed in armed robbery of Turkey Hill in Reading
- Gerrymandering case sows doubt in big year for House races
- Humane Society of Berks experiencing 'overflow of cats'
- Updated Snow Tuesday into early Wednesday; 1-3" south, 3-6" north
- 7 homes condemned after Bethlehem water main leak
- Fisherman rescued after falling through ice in Honey Brook
- Updated Pocono doctor picked to work as translator at Olympics
- Updated Volunteers clean up for Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Updated Hamburg church after fire: 'God will get us through'
- Updated Red Cross, UGI team up to install smoke detectors in Berks
- Updated MLK Jr. Day recognized with 'day of service' in Berks
- Local business owner guesses the right price
- Allentown group uses MLK Day to focus on students in district