BERKS COUNTY - Three Berks County basketball teams earned District 3 wins on Tuesday. The Berks Catholic and Antietam boys were victorious along with the Wilson West Lawn girls.
At Wolf Gymnasium, Berks Catholic rode key performances from Connor Jack and Nana Foulland to tally a 48-32 win over Gettysburg in a District 3-AAA first round game.
Jack led all scorers with 18 points. Foulland added another 15 points, including the 1,000th of his career, to help pace the Saints.
(4) Berks Catholic advances to Friday's quarterfinals. The Saints will meet (5) Susquehanna Township at Garden Spot at 6:00, a team BC lost to in the first game of the season.
At Mount Penn, Antietam used a hot shooting night and rolled past Lititz Christian, 75-47, in a District 3-A first round game.
The Mounts had four scorers in double figures. Andy Wrobel led the way with 22 points. Mitch Esser and Devon Koller had 15 points apiece. Cameron Koller poured in another 13 for the Mounts.
(7) Antietam advances to the quarterfinals where they will play at (2) Mount Calvary Friday at 7:00.
In girls action, county champion Wilson WL cruised past Central Dauphin East, 69-32, in a District 3-AAAA first round game.
The Bulldogs were led by 21 points from Carley Brew. Avery Marz also hit the 1,000 point mark during her 13-point night. Jessie Wallace added another 12 as the Bulldogs rolled.
(4) Wilson will play (12) Hempfield in Friday's quarterfinals at Garden Spot at 7:30.
Other District scores from Tuesday night:
Manheim Central boys def. Conrad Weiser - 52-50 (OT)
Dover girls def. Exeter - 46-38
A hardware store's surveillance cameras showed the dramatic strength of winds packed by a powerful storm that moved through the region over the weekend.Read More »
- Fallen branch briefly knocks out power in Birdsboro, Amity
- Reading School District superintendent looking for new job
- Man fatally shot in parking lot in downtown Reading
- Plans progress for new Dieffenbach's Potato Chips factory
- Muhlenberg man killed in crash on Route 61
- Berks man at 100: 'I just... go with the flow'
- Updated Man fatally shot in parking lot in downtown Reading
- Updated Record-challenging warmth again today with strong, heavy thunderstorms possible
- Fire tears through Easton home
- Updated Fallen branch briefly knocks out power in Birdsboro, Amity
- Record challenging warmth again today with strong, heavy thunderstorms possible
- Caught on camera: Powerful storm hits hardware store
- Ex-Trump delegate from Pennsylvania to run for US Senate
- Crews called to rollover crash on I-78
- Updated Muhlenberg man killed in crash on Route 61
- Man rear-ends Salisbury Twp. police car on I-78, drives away