ONTELAUNEE TWP., Pa. - A tractor trailer fire closed Route 222 northbound in Ontelaunee Township Friday morning.
According to Northern Berks Police, a tractor trailer caught on fire around 10 a.m. near the Willow Creek overpass.
Police say the fire started in the tractor's engine compartment.
The tractor was fully engulfed, but the trailer was unharmed.
The truck was hauling bottled water.
There were no injuries.
Route 222 north was closed at Route 61, but has since reopened.
- Updated Berks woman faces charges after giving birth in restroom
- Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe, Murphy, not feeling well
- Updated 2 injured after driver repeatedly slams into car, building
- World Cup Special Stars cheerleaders ready to roll
- A coating to an inch or two of snow still on track for Thursday night
- Reading School Board receives tax recommendation
- Warehouse project moves forward in South Whitehall
- Lower Saucon approves police career development policy
- Upper Macungie planners review sketch plan for Hyatt hotel
- Allentown City Council sticks with 27 percent tax hike