ONTELAUNEE TWP., Pa. - A tractor trailer fire closed Route 222 northbound in Ontelaunee Township Friday morning.
According to Northern Berks Police, a tractor trailer caught on fire around 10 a.m. near the Willow Creek overpass.
Police say the fire started in the tractor's engine compartment.
The tractor was fully engulfed, but the trailer was unharmed.
The truck was hauling bottled water.
There were no injuries.
Route 222 north was closed at Route 61, but has since reopened.
Pennsylvania State Police acted recklessly when troopers used a bulldozer to pursue a Grateful Dead fan caught growing marijuana on state game lands in Berks County, killing him when he wound up under the machine's treads, according to a federal...Read More »
- Dozens of cats rescued from home 2 weeks after owner dies
- Wendy Davis part of latest 'Topton Heroes' trading card set
- Fiesta Fridays to feature Fightins as 'Los Peleadores'
- Albright, BCHC sign agreement to benefit pre-med students
- Reading to resume yard waste collection on March 25
- Event raises money for man donating kidney to friend's mom
- Pa. researching ways to combat Lyme disease
- Hip-hop artist Meek Mill set to play PPL Center in May
- Woman tries to assault officer while police arrest her boyfriend for striking her son
- Congressman wants to make Warren County a tourist destination
- Fox in the henhouse?: DOJ probe into 737 Max raises questions about FAA inspection process
- Positive Parenting: Sleep plays crucial role in children's physical, mental development
- Some states aiming to change how presidents get chosen
- Pa. State Police sued over bulldozer death of pot suspect
- No foul play suspected in death of woman whose body was found in Lehigh Canal
- Updated History's Headlines: Getting 'rigged out' at Koch Brothers