MUHLENBERG TWP., Pa. - A highway ramp that has become notorious for tractor trailer crashes claimed another victim Wednesday morning.
A truck hauling a load of retail mail rolled onto its side on the ramp from Route 61 South to Route 222 South in Muhlenberg Township.
There were no reports of injuries, but the accident badly damaged the truck's trailer.
Crews are having to off-load the contents and transfer them to another tractor trailer before the damaged truck can be removed. In the meantime, the ramp remains closed to traffic.
This is at least the fourth accident involving an overturned tractor trailer on the same ramp in 2016.
One of the trucks was hauling a load of live chickens when it fell on its side in February.
"Typically, the drivers aren't familiar with the curve on that roadway and they go into it too fast," Lt. Joseph Schlappich, Muhlenberg Township Police Department, said at the time.
Police have not yet said whether speed was a factor in Wednesday's crash.
- Updated Vehicle hits apartment building in Wyomissing
- Bethlehem Twp. police search for purse snatchers
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Today cooler, closer to seasonable with more clouds than sun
- Yo ho ho! Pennsylvania aims to smash US embargo on Cuban rum
- Girlfriend's on-air killing drives anchorman into politics
- New Salvation Army opens in Berks
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- President Trump signs executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire