MAIDENCREEK TWP., Pa. - An overturned tractor trailer put the brakes on the Tuesday morning commute on Route 222.
The truck, hauling twin trailers, was going too fast for the wet conditions when the rear trailer rolled onto its side on the ramp from the Route 222 Bypass to Route 222 North in Maidencreek Township around 7:45 a.m., police said.
The driver told police he felt pain in his shoulder after the accident, but he refused medical treatment at the scene.
The ramp remained closed to traffic until about 10 a.m. while crews worked to remove the truck.
The driver was issued two citations for causing the accident, police said.
- Suspect arrested in fatal shooting in Palmer Township
- Candidate for Allentown mayor advised not to run
- Woman identified in Allentown hit-and-run
- Conspiracy charge added against Penn State ex-administrators
- Restoration of Penn Street Bridge in Reading well underway
- DOE rolls back transgender bathroom protections
- Easton 20-year plan envisioned
- Taxpayers' cost for Chris Christie security detail tops $2M
- Dunkin' Donuts helping to 'roast' hunger in Berks
- Building community by building birdhouses