BETHEL TWP., Pa. - A tractor trailer accident slowed traffic on Interstate 78 in northern Berks County for much of the day Wednesday.
The truck rolled onto its side in a grassy area off the eastbound lanes of I-78 at mile-marker 16.1, near the Midway interchange, in Bethel Township around noon Wednesday.
The trailer collapsed in a ditch.
The truck's driver reportedly suffered an abdominal injury and was taken to the hospital.
One lane of I-78 East was blocked by emergency vehicles, but both lanes had to be closed when it came time for crews to remove the wreckage.
Sunoco Logistics Partners said there's so much interest in its plans to build a natural gas liquids pipeline across southern Pennsylvania that the company will actually build two pipelines.Read More »
- Coroner called to crash on Interstate 176 in Caernarvon
- Reading parents vent frustrations over safety in schools
- Greenville jumps out to fast start, holds on at Reading
- Boyertown girls secure spot in District I quarterfinals
- Albright men and women to play for title; KU stays hot
- One Tank Trip: Bloom Bloom exhibit at Kutztown University
- Updated Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Man accused of stabbing wife, daughter-in-law in Allentown
- Updated Coroner called to crash on Interstate 176 in Caernarvon
- Chicago to rock Musikfest this summer
- Updated Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Life Lessons: Raising a tech entrepreneur
- Easton adopts 20-year comprehensive plan
- Lehigh County supports anti-gerrymandering bill
- Allentown Parks & Rec Committee gives nod to new 'Auburn Cross Trails Park'