ONTELAUNEE TWP., Pa. - Two people were injured Wednesday when their car was struck by a tractor trailer that ran a red light on Route 61, police said.
The car entered the intersection at Route 73 in Ontelaunee Twp., Berks Co., shortly after 9 a.m. when it was hit by the northbound truck, police said.
The two people in the car had to be freed from the wreckage and rushed to Reading Hospital, said police, who have not yet released information about their identities or the extent of their injuries.
The driver of the tractor trailer was not hurt.
The trucker reported having the green light, but police said witnesses reported it being red when he entered the intersection.
Both southbound lanes and one northbound lane of Route 61 were closed while police conducted their on-scene investigation.
A judge has denied an emergency request to reopen a beloved bowling alley in Berks County.Read More »
- Leibrandt, Pullin pace Reading in series opener at Harrisburg
- Royals season ends in Game 6 of first round series
- Exeter man charged in alleged check fraud scheme
- Last day for Bowl-O-Rama? 'It'll be a shame'
- Penn State Health St. Joseph hires new financial chief
- Penske Truck Leasing unveils mobile app for customers
- Fire destroys home in Schuylkill Township
- Basking Ridge, N.J. says goodbye to an old friend
- Shenandoah Sentinel creator has big plans
- Berks judge hears arguments on closing of Bowl-O-Rama
- Police officers help deliver baby on side of road
- Human rights activist tortured in Pakistan shares struggle through art
- 1808 farmhouse sales raise money for hospital
- Eric Frein's father, mother testify during penalty phase
- Stack goes to work without police escort; Wolf mum on reason
- LVHN to move 500 employees to downtown Allentown