BIRDSBORO, Pa. - A train hauling rocks derailed near a quarry in Birdsboro on Thursday.
The train had just left Birdsboro Materials on Haycreek Road with a load of "construction aggregate" when four or five of the train's cars went off the tracks and toppled over around 12:45 p.m., according to a spokesperson for The Haines and Kibblehouse Group.
No one was injured in the accident, which blocked the intersection of Haycreek and Cocalico roads to vehicular traffic, said Chief Ted Roth, Birdsboro Police Department.
The company said the mishap is still under investigation, however, it believes the derailment was caused by some sort of issue with the track.
- Suspect arrested in fatal shooting in Palmer Township
- Candidate for Allentown mayor advised not to run
- Woman identified in Allentown hit-and-run
- Conspiracy charge added against Penn State ex-administrators
- Restoration of Penn Street Bridge in Reading well underway
- DOE rolls back transgender bathroom protections
- Easton 20-year plan envisioned
- Taxpayers' cost for Chris Christie security detail tops $2M
- Dunkin' Donuts helping to 'roast' hunger in Berks
- Building community by building birdhouses