READING - Reading boxer Travis Kauffman will fight Aaron Lyons in the main event Friday night at Valley Forge Casino. Kauffman, the 13th-ranked heavyweight boxer in the WBA rankings, is feeling healthy for the first time in a long time.
The Great White Hope has dealt with a multitude of injuries throughout his career. He's recently come off hand surgery, but Kauffman has fought well since coming back. In fact, he says he says he's feeling the best he's felt in the last few years.
He has a record of 24-1 with 18 knockouts. After suffering his only loss to Tony Grano, Kauffman has won six in a row.
Kauffman has a solid following, but he'd like to see more support from his hometown. He hopes to one day pack the Sovereign Center for a fight.
- Vehicle hits apartment building in Wyomissing
- Bethlehem Twp. police search for purse snatchers
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Birdsboro church closes its doors after 180 years
- Fans rally to support Phantoms hockey
- Yo ho ho! Pennsylvania aims to smash US embargo on Cuban rum
- Girlfriend's on-air killing drives anchorman into politics
- New Salvation Army opens in Berks
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- President Trump signs executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania