READING - Local and ranked heavyweight boxer Travis Kauffman held a press conference on Thursday to announce an upcoming fight in Reading in November.
Kauffman is the #13 ranked heavyweight right now, and hoping to keep moving his way up for a major title shot. Winning with some other local fighters in front of his hometown crowd would be another step in the right direction.
Kauffman made the announcement at the Sovereign Center (soon to be Santander Arena) on Thursday and hopes to pack the venue for the November 30th fight, a desire Kauffman has often voiced in interviews.
Travis is coming off a win over Arron Lyons in late August at the Valley Forge Casino.
Plans are in place for the public service dedicated to the memory of retail icon Albert Boscov.Read More »
- Linking efforts In the battle against opioid abuse
- Giant launches 'Bag Hunger' campaign with one-day give
- Jackpot-winning Cash 5 lottery ticket sold in Berks
- 'Berks County Time Train' to air 200th episode
- Emergency sewer work shuts down Route 100 in Bally
- FBI subpoenas Reading for documents from previous administration
- Updated Friday was a day for the record books
- Easton man charged with homicide in fatal shooting
- Updated Al Boscov's daughters, lifelong friend to speak at service
- Missing 6-year-old Connecticut girl found in Pennsylvania
- Judge: Only 1 Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Updated Fatal crash closes Route 222 South in Spring
- Updated Linking efforts In the battle against opioid abuse
- New Candidate for Allentown mayor may face ethics code conflict
- Updated Police allege Weis employee helped herself to $7,000
- Updated Health Beat: Cancer treatment unclogs patient's heart