READING, Pa. - The Reading Fightin Phils only managed one run off Thunder starter Matt Tracy as they lost to the Trenton Thunder 3-1. Severino Gonzalez (4-5) took the loss despite going seven strong innings. Reading is now 28-21 on the season.
Trenton struck first after the :59 minute rain delay as Rob Segedin grounded into a double-play off Severino Gonzalez that scored Mason Williams from third base to give the Thunder a 1-0 lead. With two outs in the top of the seventh inning, Tyler Austin hit a two-run home run off Severino Gonzalez to give the Thunder a 3-0 lead.
Severino Gonzalez logged seven innings and allowed three runs off seven hits with five strikeouts. The Fightins scored their first run of the game off Matt Tracy in the bottom of the seventh inning as Aaron Altherr hit a RBI groundout to score Brock Stassi.
Jay Johnson made his first appearance since May 10th against the Thunder. He pitched 2/3 innings of the top of the eighth and gave up one hit. Colton Murray tossed 1 1/3 innings in relief with one walk and one strikeout.
The Fightin Phils and Trenton Thunder will play at 6:35 pm on Wednesday night from FirstEnergy Stadium.
Courtesy Reading Fightin' Phils.
Rescue crews in Berks County were pressed into action after an SUV and a tractor trailer collided Tuesday afternoon.Read More »
- Woman sentenced in death of man with maggot-filled wounds
- Bowl-O-Rama owners pinned in legal battle
- Exeter man charged in alleged check fraud scheme
- Reading City Council awards towing contract
- Leibrandt, Pullin pace Reading in series opener at Harrisburg
- Royals' season ends in Game 6 of first round series
- Updated Day care owner charged in baby's 2016 death, DA says
- Updated Police ambush killer won't take stand in bid to spare life
- Updated Driver trapped when SUV, tractor trailer collide in Maidencreek
- Man accused of hitting, killing wife with truck to stand trial
- Updated Woman sentenced in death of man with maggot-filled wounds
- State police asking for help in Chester County cold case
- Periods of rain or drizzle this afternoon; spotty rain or drizzle continues through early tomorrow
- NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt Jr. to retire at end of season
- 5K aims to promote importance of flexibility
- Four visits by Easton police equal one arrest