MERTZTOWN - Brandywine Heights celebrated three athletes Tuesday who signed their Division I letters of intent for softball and baseball.
Softball players Taylor Brintzenhoff and Sam Sweigart were among the three athletes honored. Brintzenhoff will take her talents down south to Louisiana Tech. Sweigart is staying closer to home, heading to Lafayette.
Both players were integral in last year's state championship run by the Bullets.
Michael Hunter was the third athlete to ink his name. Hunter will be attending Marist to continue his baseball career.
Hunter is coming back from an injury-shortened season last year. He is expected to be one of the top pitchers in Berks County this season.
A congratulations to all Berks County athletes who signed their letters over the last few days.
Victim in fatal crash has also been identified.Read More »
- Al Boscov's daughters, lifelong friend to speak at service
- Man shot, killed by Reading police after pointing shotgun at officers
- Warm weather in Berks means time for ice cream
- District 3 Wrestling: AAA and AA semifinal roundup
- Walker guides Red Knights into district semis in final game at Geigle
- Thunder strikes Royals on the road, 4-2
- Updated Man shot, killed by Reading police after pointing shotgun at officers
- Warm and breezy today with strong to severe t-storms this afternoon
- Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Updated Police work to bring back murder suspect who fled state with 6-year-old daughter
- Updated Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Police: Driver owes nearly $13,000 in unpaid tolls, fees
- Motorists seeing slightly lower gas prices in New Jersey
- Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Lafayette College asks for temporary dorms amid rise in applicants
- Local movie experts preview the Oscars