NEW SCHAEFFERSTOWN, Pa. - The Tulpehocken girls soccer team captured their second consecutive District III-A championship last year en route to the PIAA semifinals. The program's younger players will have to step up if they want to reach that same plateau this year.
The lady Trojans (9-1, 22-3 in 2013) lost ten seniors from last year's team, a squad that was one of the best in the state of Pennsylvania at the Class A level.
But the veterans that are returning have set the bar just as high. Tulpehocken has been a traditionally strong program. Even with the losses, this year's seniors don't expect anything less than success.
The pressure is on the younger classes to deliver this season, but the older players have every confidence that they will come through as usual.
- Two zoos mourn the loss of Ernie the giraffe
- Memorial Day celebrations in Berks County
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- Updated Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- Updated A place of healing for veterans
- Updated Walking a mile in their shoes
- Updated Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- Updated 'Taps' echoes over Bethlehem
- Updated Memorial Day services across Berks County
- Updated Marking Memorial Day in the Lehigh Valley