AMITY TWP., Pa. - A vehicle fire stopped westbound traffic on Route 422 in eastern Berks County.
The driver told police he was traveling along 422 when he began experiencing mechanical problems and pulled off onto the shoulder of the highway near Hill Road shortly before noon Thursday.
A short time later, the van erupted in flames.
Route 422 West was closed while crews worked to extinguish the fire and remove the charred vehicle.
The driver was not injured.
- Conspiracy charge added against Penn State ex-administrators
- Candidate for Allentown mayor advised not to run
- Restoration of Penn Street Bridge in Reading well underway
- DOE rolls back transgender bathroom protections
- Updated Easton 20-year plan envisioned
- Taxpayers' cost for Chris Christie security detail tops $2M
- Dunkin' Donuts helping to 'roast' hunger in Berks
- Building community by building birdhouses
- Transgender bathroom issue hits home in Berks
- Health Beat: Fixing frozen shoulder syndrome