READING, Pa. - All this season the Reading Fightin Phils will honor the men and women who served our country.
At Thursday night's home opener the team announced plans to pay tribute to veterans all season long.
They raised a flag for Chief Master Sergeant Richard Etchberger of Hamburg.
He was killed in 1968 while rescuing wounded comrades in Laos during the Vietnam war.
Etchberger was awarded the Medal of Honor in 2010.
The Oley Valley High School baseball team honored a fallen teammate on Friday.Read More »
- Garner's grand slam propels Blazers in District 3 opener
- Local PIAA Track and Field top finishers
- Vietnam veteran tapped as grand marshal of Exeter parade
- Marc Anthony to come 'full circle' with return to Reading
- Umpire remembers crash victim as 'outstanding young man'
- Berks lawmakers explain Pennsylvania's compliance with Real ID law
- One Freddy winner's emotional day
- Teacher who had sex with student in cemetery going back to jail
- New Police raid home in Phillipsburg
- New Camelback Road bridge reopens
- Updated Alpine Mountain Ski area sold
- Updated Shortage of elder care workers a cause for concern
- East Greenville moves forward with police department
- Oley baseball players pay tribute to fallen teammate
- Students celebrate return of hometown hero
- Suspect who lost hand in home invasion sent to prison