WYOMISSING, Pa. - The ongoing transformation of the VF Outlet Center into a complex of offices, restaurants, and retail stores is showing a big sign of progress.
The Red Building, one of the center's two iconic structures, has been reduced to nothing more than a large pile of rubble.
Crews operating several large excavators are now sifting through the century-old bricks, steel, and other debris as they prepare to have all of it hauled away.
Renderings show the Red Building's footprint being landscaped for parking.
A large part of the neighboring Blue Building has also been demolished, reducing its size for development into UGI Energy Services' new headquarters.
The work is part of Equus Capital Partners' $70-million redevelopment of the site into what will be known as "The Knitting Mills."
As part of the project, VF Outlet relocated its retail and office operations to the former Designers Place building. Pottstown-based Sly Fox Brewing is also working to open a pub in space formerly occupied by Dooney & Bourke, and Wawa will build a convenience store on the lot bordered by Penn Avenue and North Park Road.
A day after being told he's out as Reading's managing director, Glenn Steckman is firing back at his former boss, Mayor Wally Scott.Read More »
- Car 'nowhere to be found' after crash on Route 61 in Hamburg
- Fast-moving flames engulf motorhome near Virginville
- Trooper from Berks suspended after alleged assault on fiance
- Fightin Phils' field set for first football game in 35 years
- RSD board to consider plans for cooling middle schools
- Hamburg fugitive's dad speaks out after son jumps into river
- Gunman dead in shooting at judge's office in western Pa.
- Updated Allentown narrowly approves debt refinancing
- Final Downtown Alive concert of the summer
- Search for man who shot, killed parents in Chester County
- Mayor responds to former city manager's comments
- Dog the Bounty Hunter to join search for Shawn Christy
- South Whitehall to purchase three fire department vehicles
- Council members say faith is lost in Phillipsburg mayor
- PHOTOS: Galactic Empire headlines final Downtown Alive concert of 2018
- Grants and rebates for electric vehicle charging stations announced