READING, Pa. - Reading police have a shooting investigation on their hands.
RPD officers were dispatched Wednesday evening for the report of shots fired in the area of South 11th and Cotton streets.
Once on scene, they reported finding in the 1000 block of Cotton a 22-year-old man who had suffered a gunshot wound to the abdomen.
An EMS crew was dispatched shortly before 6 :30 p.m. and transported the victim to the trauma center at Reading Hospital.
Investigators blocked off the intersection as a crime scene and scoured the area, speaking with witnesses and looking for any video that may have been recorded by nearby surveillance cameras.
Witnesses told 69 News they heard as many as eight gunshots and then saw a person who may have been shooter running west on Cotton toward South 11th.
Anyone with information about the shooting can contact Crime Alert Berks County via anonymous text to 847411, starting the message with keyword alertberks, or by calling 877-373-9913.
At Kutztown University's Keystone Arena, people were shooting basketball hoops to help a charitable cause.Read More »
- Santa's sleigh hits the streets in Exeter
- Opponents of proposed warehouse pack meeting in Tilden
- Ex-DJ says $1 payment to Taylor Swift sent by mail last week
- Snowmaking underway on slopes at Bear Creek in Berks
- Berks expecting to see season's first coating of snow
- Cups of Compassion still seeking donations for annual event
- Fire damages several homes, structures in Wilson
- Allentown family searching for answers after pet dog was shot and killed
- Basketball fundraiser benefits charity that gives free haircuts to people with autism
- PHOTOS: The first snowfall of the season
- Smoke detectors donated in honor of boy, 9, who died in East Coventry fire
- FBI assisted police with incident at Parkland High School
- Saturday's snow exceeds expectations
- Excitement and cheer fill the North Pole Express
- Temperatures drop overnight, accidents reported across the region
- Husband charged in death of North Catasauqua woman