SINKING SPRING, Pa. - Fallen veterans are being honored ahead of Memorial Day.
Flags were placed at the graves of veterans of foreign wars Wednesday morning at the Pleasant View Cemetery in Spring Township.
Cub Scouts, members of the Wilson High Jr. ROTC and the Sinking Spring VFW worked together on the tribute.
"It's definitely a good learning experience for them," said Jim Heilmann, Cub Scout Pack 431. "They learn a lot of respect for the veterans and the people who served in the armed forces and protected our country over the years."
The flags are taken down before the winter and replaced with new ones every spring.
- Updated Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- Updated How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Memorial Day services across Berks County
- Updated Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Updated Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- A place of healing for veterans
- Walking a mile in their shoes
- Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- 'Taps' echoes over Bethlehem