Plans for a proposed chicken farm in Richmond Township aren't getting off the ground just yet.
Monday night the township's supervisors voted against a waiver that would have fast-tracked the plans.
Josh Zimmerman is planning to put two buildings that will house 63,000 chickens in the area of Gift Road.
Zimmerman says he's getting all of the proper permits but neighbors say the area isn't zoned for such a large-scale operation.
Plans for the chicken farm could still be approved.
- Updated Cosby is in court to ask judge for outside jury for trial
- Updated Warming trend starting this afternoon, but a few showers return tomorrow
- Updated Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Updated Boscov: An American Story
- Updated Bonilla kicks off campaign for Lehigh County Commissioner
- Flemington man sentenced for child pornography
- Life Lessons: Swimming helps asthma
- Updated Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies