SPRING TWP., Pa. - Hundreds of walkers joined together in Berks County on Saturday to take on Alzheimer's disease.
The Walk to End Alzheimer's was held on the Berks campus of Penn State University in Spring Township. WFMZ's Jim Vasil served as the emcee.
Nearly 500 walkers raised $20,000 at the event, in addition to the $101,000 raised in advance of the walk.
The money raised will help fund Alzheimer's research and Alzheimer's care and support programs.
Some holiday party planners in Berks County are finding themselves having to make some last-minute rearrangements.Read More »
- Grease fire damages home near Barto, sends man to hospital
- Bear Creek sets plans to open slopes for 2017-18 season
- 2 hospitalized, more than dozen displaced by fire in Reading
- Reading police say Pear Street shooting now a homicide
- Reading homicide victim leaves 2 young sons, grieving family
- Berks commissioners OK 3.87% tax increase for 2018
- Updated Dinardo and Kratz plead not guilty to homicide charges
- Updated Easton PD: Man shot multiple times on W. Wilkes Barre St.
- State Police: Schwenksville fire caused by extension cord failure
- Tiny house sending big message
- Driver killed in Alburtis train crash identified
- Family describes Jamie Metzger's life at time of disappearance
- Health Beat: Cesium for prostate cancer
- Arts Around Town: Demkee marks 40 years as Allentown Band conductor
- Exeter evicts Viva as country club's caterer, pub operator
- Tom Ridge returns home nearly a month after heart attack