MUHLENBERG TOWNSHIP, Pa. - Walkers in Berks County hit the road to help fight hunger.
About 350 walkers participated in the 31st Annual Reading CROP walk in Muhlenberg Township on Sunday.
Organizers expected to raise about $30,000.
Twenty-five percent of the proceeds will be going to the Greater Berks Food Bank, and the other 75 percent will be donated to Church World Services to support relief work around the world.
- Updated Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- Updated How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Memorial Day services across Berks County
- Updated Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Updated Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- A place of healing for veterans
- Walking a mile in their shoes
- Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- 'Taps' echoes over Bethlehem