MUHLENBERG TWP., Pa. - A busy highway is open again after a water main break.
The northbound lanes of Route 61 reopened around 2:30 Wednesday afternoon.
The highway was closed Tuesday morning between Cathedral Street in Reading and the Route 12 interchange in Muhlenberg Twp.
Officials said a 24 inch main burst, causing the road to buckle. They said all repairs have been made.
- Suspect arrested in fatal shooting in Palmer Township
- Candidate for Allentown mayor advised not to run
- Woman identified in Allentown hit-and-run
- Conspiracy charge added against Penn State ex-administrators
- Restoration of Penn Street Bridge in Reading well underway
- DOE rolls back transgender bathroom protections
- Easton 20-year plan envisioned
- Taxpayers' cost for Chris Christie security detail tops $2M
- Dunkin' Donuts helping to 'roast' hunger in Berks
- Building community by building birdhouses