ROBESONIA - The Conrad Weiser girls are in a three-way tie with Fleetwood and Berks Catholic for first place in Berks II. The tightly contested division will be decided in the final week of the season.
With Conrad Weiser's win over Fleetwood and Hamburg's surprise upset of Berks Catholic Tuesday night, the tie was created with just a week's worth of regular season left.
The Scouts took a lead into the second half and did an outstanding job of keeping the ball away from Fleetwood.
Weiser did an even better job at the free throw line, going 14 of 15 in the fourth quarter.
But the Scouts recognize that they can't focus on the win too much. They'll need all the energy they can get down the home stretch.
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Legendary coach honored in Kutztown
- Boyertown drops Pope John Paul II in PAC baseball tilt
- Police say couple had guns, thousands of dollars of drugs
- Volunteers clean up Schuylkill River Trail for Earth Day
- Brandywine Hts. softball preparing for rivalry game with Kutztown
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Paramedic reunites with family he helped decades ago
- Runners take on St. Luke's Half Marathon
- 2.3 magnitude earthquake hits Lancaster County
- Trump nears 100 days: 'It's a different kind of presidency'
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts