WEST READING, Pa. - Police in Berks County say a dangerous man is off the streets thanks to the heroic actions of a hotel clerk.
John Gentry apparently met his match when he tried to rob the Candlewood Suites with a knife late this afternoon.
But his plan was thwarted when authorities say the clerk jumped the counter and took Gentry down and restrained him until they arrived.
Gentry had been the focus of recent a police search.
He's the suspect in a violent holdup of a West Reading gas station and a Reading adult outlet.
- Updated Cosby is in court to ask judge for outside jury for trial
- Updated Warming trend starting this afternoon, but a few showers return tomorrow
- Updated Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Updated Boscov: An American Story
- Updated Bonilla kicks off campaign for Lehigh County Commissioner
- Flemington man sentenced for child pornography
- Life Lessons: Swimming helps asthma
- Updated Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies