WEST READING, Pa. - The West Reading traffic circle is going to be re-named in honor of a little girl whose courageous battle with cancer touched people around the world.
The borough council has voted unanimously to name the grassy area of the circle for Laney Brown.
A plaque commemorating Laney's life and one of the frog sculptures that are common in West Reading will be placed in the circle.
A ceremony is being planned to coincide with the borough's annual Christmas tree lighting in December.
Laney just turned seven when she lost her battle with cancer on Christmas Day.
Thousands of people fulfilled one of her dying wishes by singing her Christmas carols outside her home before she died.
- 2.3 magnitude earthquake hits Lancaster County
- Local libraries fight to survive budget cuts
- Berks man who turned life around giving back to Humane Society
- Legendary coach honored at Kutztown Area High School
- Boyertown drops Pope John Paul II in PAC baseball tilt
- Police say couple had guns, thousands of dollars of drugs
- Trial begins for accused getaway driver in 2015 killing spree
- Eric Frein sentencing continues Monday, focus shifts to Frein's father
- Updated Small earthquake rattles parts of Pennsylvania
- Updated Mango tells Republicans he'll seek gubernatorial nomination
- Updated Police arrest third man allegedly tied to drug deal assault
- Updated Mostly cloudy with a bit of rain this afternoon; rain continues through early Wednesday
- Street closures scheduled for downtown Allentown this week
- Pet owners learn animal CPR to help their furry friends
- Life Lessons: 3 Jars
- State police: 1 killed in crash with State Police vehicle