READING, Pa. - The Wilson West Lawn and Berks Catholic girls basketball teams were the two highest seeds entering the BCIAA Tournament.
The Bulldogs and Saints certainly proved those rankings on Monday.
(1) Wilson West Lawn tipped things off in the Sovereign Center Monday night with a 76-46 victory over (4) Reading in a semifinal game.
The lady Bulldogs led by nearly 30 points at halftime and controlled the game from start to finish.
Carley Brew and Avery Marz led the charge for Wilson, scoring 18 and 15 points respectively.
Isis Thorpe was the only scorer for Reading in double figures with 16 points.
Division rivals (2) Berks Catholic and (6) Fleetwood played in the other semifinal. The Tigers were within two points after the first quarter, but the Saints pulled away after that for a 59-31 victory.
Berks Catholic had four of its five starters score in double figures. Devon Merritt and Brooke Wensel tied for a team-high with 14 points. Katrina Balatgek poured in 13 while Susan Bossler had 12.
Fleetwood's Maureen McGarry led all scorers with 19 points.
Berks Catholic will face Wilson West Lawn in the county finals on Friday night at 6:00 in the Sovereign Center.
- Berks football fans flock to NFL Draft in Philadelphia
- Ace Hardware to open distribution center near Berks-Lebanon border
- 287(g) program hot topic at Berks commissioners meeting
- Robbery suspect may be linked to other holdups, police say
- More than 100 businesses to strike on May Day
- Reading Health System honors its volunteers
- Police standoff ends in Bethlehem; man taken out of home after 5 hours
- Updated PSP troopers injured in struggle with bar patron
- Quakertown CSD OKs proposed final budget
- Updated Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- Sunrise Chef: Sagra Bistro in Hellertown
- Police allege DUI suspect four times over the limit
- WFMZ says goodbye to Rosa Duarte
- Young woman tried using 83-year-old's ID to buy iPhones, police said
- Life Lessons: Calories in your cup of joe
- Warm again today with some sunshine