Garden Spot High School hosted two PIAA state games Friday Night and Berks County left with mixed results.
In the opening game, the Wilson West Lawn girls defeated Garnet Valley 41-34 following a Bulldog surge in the fourth quarter.
After entering the final quarter trailing 23-22, Wilson outscored Garnet Valley 19-11 to seal a first round victory.
Carley Brew led the Wilson attack with 14 points and Ivory Bailey recorded a key steal and lay-in to ice the game.
Wilson will play North Penn Tuesday night at a site to be determined.
In the second game, the Berks Catholic boys fell to Archbishop Carroll 47-42.
Nana Foulland led the Saints with a game-high 15 points.
It was the first Berks Catholic loss since December 28th. The Saints end the year with a record of 26-4.
At Milton Hershey, the Central Dauphin girls defeated Boyertown 57-39 in a PIAA quad-A first round game.
Boyertown held a 3-point halftime lead, but the Rams ran away with the game in the second half, outscoring the lady Bears 38-17.
Boyertown ends their year with a record of 19-10.
A hardware store's surveillance cameras showed the dramatic strength of winds packed by a powerful storm that moved through the region over the weekend.Read More »
- Fallen branch briefly knocks out power in Birdsboro, Amity
- Reading School District superintendent looking for new job
- Man fatally shot in parking lot in downtown Reading
- Plans progress for new Dieffenbach's Potato Chips factory
- Muhlenberg man killed in crash on Route 61
- Berks man at 100: 'I just... go with the flow'
- Updated Man fatally shot in parking lot in downtown Reading
- Updated Record-challenging warmth again today with strong, heavy thunderstorms possible
- Fire tears through Easton home
- Updated Fallen branch briefly knocks out power in Birdsboro, Amity
- Record challenging warmth again today with strong, heavy thunderstorms possible
- Caught on camera: Powerful storm hits hardware store
- Ex-Trump delegate from Pennsylvania to run for US Senate
- Crews called to rollover crash on I-78
- Updated Muhlenberg man killed in crash on Route 61
- Man rear-ends Salisbury Twp. police car on I-78, drives away