NEW SCHAEFFERSTOWN - It was not easy for the top-seeded Wilson West Lawn Bulldogs, but they got it done when it mattered most.
Karis Poore scored off an assist from Rachel Hafer late in overtime to lift the Bulldogs to a 1-0 victory over (8) Cedar Crest Thursday night in the District 3-AAA Quarterfinals.
The win pairs up Wilson with rival (5) Governor Mifflin in the semis on Monday. The Mustangs defeated (4) Conestoga Valley to advance.
The (6) Fleetwood boys team also played at Tulpehocken Thursday night. But overtime was not as kind to the Tigers.
(3) Pequea Valley's Issak Mohr scored in the first overtime to give the Braves a 1-0 win over Fleetwood.
The Tigers finished 13-6-1 overall this season.
Rescue crews in Berks County were pressed into action after an SUV and a tractor trailer collided Tuesday afternoon.Read More »
- Woman sentenced in death of man with maggot-filled wounds
- Bowl-O-Rama owners pinned in legal battle
- Exeter man charged in alleged check fraud scheme
- Reading City Council awards towing contract
- Leibrandt, Pullin pace Reading in series opener at Harrisburg
- Royals' season ends in Game 6 of first round series
- Updated Day care owner charged in baby's 2016 death, DA says
- Updated Police ambush killer won't take stand in bid to spare life
- Updated Driver trapped when SUV, tractor trailer collide in Maidencreek
- Man accused of hitting, killing wife with truck to stand trial
- Updated Woman sentenced in death of man with maggot-filled wounds
- State police asking for help in Chester County cold case
- Periods of rain or drizzle this afternoon; spotty rain or drizzle continues through early tomorrow
- NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt Jr. to retire at end of season
- 5K aims to promote importance of flexibility
- Four visits by Easton police equal one arrest