COATESVILLE, Pa. - The Wilson West Lawn girls basketball team had been dominant down the last month and a half of the season. They had won 14 straight games, including a county and district championship. The Bulldog girls were also the last basketball team from Berks County still playing in the state tournament.
But Wilson's magical season came to an end Tuesday night in Coatesville. The Bulldogs fell to North Penn, 56-49, bringing Wilson's season to an end much sooner than many had imagined.
The Bulldog girls held a 10-point halftime lead, but the lady Knights surged back in the second half to claim victory.
North Penn outscored Wilson 24-8 in the pivotal third quarter. It was a hole that Doug Myer's team could not crawl out of.
Jessie Wallace had a team-high 16 points for Wilson. Avery Marz had 12.
North Penn's Lauren Crisler dropped a game-high 18 points. Erin Maher added 12.
Wilson finishes its season with a record of 27-3. North Penn advances to the quarterfinals and will play Cumberland Valley Friday.
A candle is to blame for sparking a fire that displaced four people in Berks County on Thursday, officials said.Read More »
- Reading police seek missing man with Alzheimer's
- Skyline Drive reopens after wall work atop Mount Penn
- Cintron looking to make most of fight with Brunson
- BARTA approves bus route, schedule changes
- Racers take to track at Ultimate RC Pitstop
- Berks sheriff nabs attempted homicide suspect
- Occasional rain, thunderstorm through mid-morning Saturday
- NJ attorney general joins multistate probe of drug makers
- Schuylkill man accused of killing dad busted on AC boardwalk
- Updated Skyline Drive reopens after wall work atop Mount Penn
- Updated Doctor, dog team up on 'Take Your Dog to Work Day'
- Students learn ropes of law enforcement
- Updated Health Beat: Cochlear implants: How child learns language
- Man sentenced for fatal shooting of woman in Phillipsburg
- Suspect linked to Bethlehem homicide asks for release ahead of trial
- Pennsylvania Legislature eyes wider DNA sampling of convicts