LYONS, Pa. - Wilson West Lawn topped Brandywine Heights on Thursday night, 7-3, at Lyons to claim its first BCIAA Softball Championship in program history.
Wilson's Kasey Hudzik got the scoring started in the second inning with a two-RBI single that kissed the chalk down the third base line.
The Bulldogs added two more runs in the top of the third before Brandywine showed some punch in the bottom half of the frame.
The Bullets pulled to within one on a RBI single by Megan Olsen. Two batters later, it look like Brandywine would tie the game when Amanda Hess roped one into center. But Wilson's Shannon Weaver made a diving play to save the tying run and preserve the Bulldogs lead for good.
Wilson added three more runs in the top half of the seventh thanks to a bases loaded double by Kelly Ebner.
This is the second straight year that Brandywine Heights has fallen in the county championship game.
- Updated Vehicle hits apartment building in Wyomissing
- Bethlehem Twp. police search for purse snatchers
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Today cooler, closer to seasonable with more clouds than sun
- Yo ho ho! Pennsylvania aims to smash US embargo on Cuban rum
- Girlfriend's on-air killing drives anchorman into politics
- New Salvation Army opens in Berks
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- President Trump signs executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire