PENN TWP., Pa. - A gust of wind caused a trash fire in Berks County to get out of hand Monday afternoon.
Firefighters were dispatched shortly after 2 p.m. for the report of a shed and field on fire at 32 Grange Rd. in Penn Township.
The property owner was burning trash when the wind caused the flames to ignite some nearby brush and a shed, fire officials said.
No one was injured, but officials said the shed is a total loss.
Two men who were charged last week with attempted homicide in Reading were apprehended in Allentown on Tuesday.Read More »
- House passes bill to boost pediatric cancer research funding
- Lack of air conditioning forces library to close for summer
- Pope appoints new leader for Berks Catholics
- Creator of 'Sweat' back in Reading for art installation
- Exeter police sergeants promoted to new roles in department
- Exeter supervisors OK new EMS provider for township
- Pair of Reading shooting suspects nabbed in Allentown
- Trial starts for doctor accused of assaulting patient's mom
- Updated Sojourn shows off natural resources of the Lehigh River
- Updated Plastics manufacturing workers rally in Harrisburg
- Updated Patients battling cancer receive special donation
- Updated Chester DA announces 46 drug arrests in 'Operation Wildfire'
- Updated Miss Fashion Week coming to Allentown
- Updated Newly-elected Allentown bishop addresses parishioners
- Updated Creator of 'Sweat' back in Reading for art installation
- Quakertown triangle lot revitalization project stalls