ALBANY TWP., Pa. - A woman was flown to the hospital after falling from a cliff in remote area of Albany Township, Berks County.
Lara Kadambi, 38, of Wilmington, Del., fell from the cliff that's known as "The Pinnacle" at around 12:45 p.m. Saturday, officials said.
It's located along the Appalachian Trail near Hawk Mountain.
Kadambi lost her footing while sightseeing with a group, authorities said.
It took emergency crews 45 minutes just to get to her.
A witness told 69 News three doctors and a nurse who were hiking raced to help her.
The witness also said a pack of Boys Scouts were nearby, and they provided a sleeping bag to cover her.
We're told she suffered head injuries and is in critical condition at Lehigh Valley Hospital.
- Two zoos mourn the loss of Ernie the giraffe
- Memorial Day services across Berks County
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- A place of healing for veterans
- Walking a mile in their shoes
- Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- 'Taps' echoes over Bethlehem
- Marking Memorial Day in the Lehigh Valley
- No extreme warmth or cold over the next 7 to 10 days
- Car fire slows traffic on I-78 near Hellertown