ALBANY TWP., Pa. - A woman was flown to the hospital after falling from a cliff in remote area of Albany Township, Berks County.
Lara Kadambi, 38, of Wilmington, Del., fell from the cliff that's known as "The Pinnacle" at around 12:45 p.m. Saturday, officials said.
It's located along the Appalachian Trail near Hawk Mountain.
Kadambi lost her footing while sightseeing with a group, authorities said.
It took emergency crews 45 minutes just to get to her.
A witness told 69 News three doctors and a nurse who were hiking raced to help her.
The witness also said a pack of Boys Scouts were nearby, and they provided a sleeping bag to cover her.
We're told she suffered head injuries and is in critical condition at Lehigh Valley Hospital.
Sunoco Logistics Partners said there's so much interest in its plans to build a natural gas liquids pipeline across southern Pennsylvania that the company will actually build two pipelines.Read More »
- Reading woman killed in crash on I-176 in Caernarvon
- Water main breaks put CarTech offices under boil advisory
- Penn State Berks raises $62K for THON
- Reading parents vent frustrations over safety in schools
- Berks commissioners talk future of tax-free municipal bonds
- Greenville jumps out to fast start, holds on at Reading
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Man accused of stabbing wife, daughter-in-law in Allentown
- Updated Reading woman killed in crash on I-176 in Caernarvon
- Chicago to rock Musikfest this summer
- New Allentown Health Bureau recognized for emergency preparedness
- Updated Arts Around Town: Marionettes join Bach Choir for 'The Nightingale'
- Updated Crews called to fire along Linden St. in Allentown
- Updated Man charged in Allentown hit-and-run
- Updated Berks commissioners talk future of tax-free municipal bonds
- Updated Record-challenging warmth today, close to records Friday