EXETER TWP., Pa. - An elderly woman was injured when she was struck by a fire truck outside a senior living community in Berks County.
Agnes Guthier was standing on the edge of a sidewalk outside Berkshire Commons, 5485 Perkiomen Ave. in Exeter Township, Tuesday afternoon when she lost her footing and fell into the path of a passing fire truck, police said.
The truck hit Guthier, 91, who was transported to Reading Hospital for an unspecified injury, police said.
The fire truck was responding to Berkshire Commons for an alarm, which prompted the evacuation of residents from the building prior to the accident.
She was listed in fair condition Wednesday at Reading Hospital.
Victim in fatal crash has also been identified.Read More »
- Al Boscov's daughters, lifelong friend to speak at service
- Man shot, killed by Reading police after pointing shotgun at officers
- Warm weather in Berks means time for ice cream
- District 3 Wrestling: AAA and AA semifinal roundup
- Walker guides Red Knights into district semis in final game at Geigle
- Thunder strikes Royals on the road, 4-2
- Updated Man shot, killed by Reading police after pointing shotgun at officers
- Warm and breezy today with strong to severe t-storms this afternoon
- Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Updated Police work to bring back murder suspect who fled state with 6-year-old daughter
- Updated Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Police: Driver owes nearly $13,000 in unpaid tolls, fees
- Motorists seeing slightly lower gas prices in New Jersey
- Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Lafayette College asks for temporary dorms amid rise in applicants
- Local movie experts preview the Oscars