READING, Pa. - A Reading woman attacked with a machete is finally out the hospital, and only 69 News was there as she started her painful road to recovery.
During a bedside interview, Lisa Ganns revealed more details about the night she was attacked with a machete inside her home in the 1000 block of Marion Street in Reading.
She says Alvin Washington, the father of one of her kids, entered her home, woke her, and started attacking her.
Police records indicate that Ganns was attacked several times with the machete.
Ganns says it was like a horror movie that just wouldn't end.
"It was a horror movie to me," she said. "It was like I was fighting with Jason."
Ganns said she had a protection from abuse order against Washington.
She also said she didn't know how Washington got into her home, and that he may have had a spare set of keys.
She explained to 69 News that Washington attacked her because she refused to drop the charges against him for a previous attack.
"He chopped me in my head so bad, I was bleeding, blood was running down my face like a waterfall," Ganns said.
Washington was captured a few hours after the attack.
Meanwhile, the nightmare continues for Lisa.
She says she lost her job, and was evicted from her home.
But she also hopes her story serves as a warning for other women.
"I want to stress to women, if you got an abuser, get away from him, please, get away from him because this could happen to you to as well," Ganns said.
Ganns is scheduled to come face to face with Washington for a court hearing this Friday.
Washington is behind bars on $500,000 bail facing attempted homicide charges.
Victim in fatal crash has also been identified.Read More »
- Al Boscov's daughters, lifelong friend to speak at service
- Man shot, killed by Reading police after pointing shotgun at officers
- Warm weather in Berks means time for ice cream
- District 3 Wrestling: AAA and AA semifinal roundup
- Walker guides Red Knights into district semis in final game at Geigle
- Thunder strikes Royals on the road, 4-2
- Updated Man shot, killed by Reading police after pointing shotgun at officers
- Warm and breezy today with strong to severe t-storms this afternoon
- Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Updated Police work to bring back murder suspect who fled state with 6-year-old daughter
- Updated Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Police: Driver owes nearly $13,000 in unpaid tolls, fees
- Motorists seeing slightly lower gas prices in New Jersey
- Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Lafayette College asks for temporary dorms amid rise in applicants
- Local movie experts preview the Oscars