READING, Pa. - A Reading woman attacked with a machete is finally out the hospital, and only 69 News was there as she started her painful road to recovery.
During a bedside interview, Lisa Ganns revealed more details about the night she was attacked with a machete inside her home in the 1000 block of Marion Street in Reading.
She says Alvin Washington, the father of one of her kids, entered her home, woke her, and started attacking her.
Police records indicate that Ganns was attacked several times with the machete.
Ganns says it was like a horror movie that just wouldn't end.
"It was a horror movie to me," she said. "It was like I was fighting with Jason."
Ganns said she had a protection from abuse order against Washington.
She also said she didn't know how Washington got into her home, and that he may have had a spare set of keys.
She explained to 69 News that Washington attacked her because she refused to drop the charges against him for a previous attack.
"He chopped me in my head so bad, I was bleeding, blood was running down my face like a waterfall," Ganns said.
Washington was captured a few hours after the attack.
Meanwhile, the nightmare continues for Lisa.
She says she lost her job, and was evicted from her home.
But she also hopes her story serves as a warning for other women.
"I want to stress to women, if you got an abuser, get away from him, please, get away from him because this could happen to you to as well," Ganns said.
Ganns is scheduled to come face to face with Washington for a court hearing this Friday.
Washington is behind bars on $500,000 bail facing attempted homicide charges.
Last Memorial Day, 24-year-old Ryan Benjamin of East Vincent Township was found dead.Read More »
- Memorial Day services across Berks County
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- Police in Berks County investigating discovery of ATM skimmer
- Authorities ID victim in fatal Penn Township crash
- Fallen heroes honored at City Park in Reading
- Memorial Day celebrations in Berks County
- One year later, police seek answers in Chester Co. woman's death
- A shower/strong thunderstorm this afternoon
- How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- A place of healing for veterans
- Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- 'Taps' echoes over Bethlehem