READING, Pa. - A woman found herself to be the innocent victim of a shooting while inside her home overnight, police said.
An altercation outside the home in the 1400 block of Cotton Street in Reading resulted in multiple shots being fired around 1 a.m. Monday, police said.
One of the bullets pierced the woman's home and hit her, said police. She was transported to a hospital for treatment, but police said they expect she will be OK.
Police closed Cotton Street and set up a crime scene outside the home while they searched for evidence, but the gunman remains at large.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call Crime Alert Berks County at 877-373-9913. A cash reward of up to $5,000 is being offered for information that leads to an arrest.
- Vehicle hits apartment building in Wyomissing
- Bethlehem Twp. police search for purse snatchers
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Birdsboro church closes its doors after 180 years
- Fans rally to support Phantoms hockey
- Yo ho ho! Pennsylvania aims to smash US embargo on Cuban rum
- Girlfriend's on-air killing drives anchorman into politics
- New Salvation Army opens in Berks
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- President Trump signs executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania